Friday, December 2, 2011

Bishop Eddie Long's Wife Files For Divorce, Changes Her Mind After Sleeping On It (Update: Divorce is Back On)

What the hell is going on down there in Atlanta? Early this morning, Vanessa Long, the long-suffering wife of How You Doin megachurch pastor Eddie Long, announced that after 21 years of marriage she filed for divorce Thursday after being separated for some time. This news was not at all unexpected, since Bishop Long allegedly carried on a 6-year-realtionship with a teenage boy and lavished several others with gifts and cash in exchange for sex. The five accusers, who are now adults, sued Bishop Long and an out-of-court settlement was reached and several members of his church are suing the pastor for getting them to invest in a Ponzi scheme. The Feds are investigating.

Anyway, back to Vanessa. In the statement this morning Vanessa said: "After a great deal of deliberation and prayer, I have decided to terminate my marriage to Bishop Eddie L. Long. Accordingly, I authorized my attorneys to file for divorce on December 1, 2011. It is my sincere hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously, and fairly. I ask that you respect my privacy and that of my family, as my attorneys and I have agreed that we will not try this case in the media, and I do not intend to make any further statements concerning this matter. I also ask that the public pray for my entire family during this difficult period of transition. Thank you, and may God continue to bless and keep each of you." In the divorce filing (which you can read below) Vanessa said there was "no hope of reconciliation of the parties" and that it was "in the best interest of all parties concerned that this marriage be terminated."

BUT, by this afternoon, Vanessa issued a second statement, announcing she hand a change of heart and planned to withdraw her petition for divorce. That statement read: "Upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long. I love my husband. I believe in him and admire his strength, and courage. My filing followed years of attacks in the media that frustrated and overwhelmed me. I love my family and church family, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Therefore, my husband and I have mutually agreed to find healing from these attacks. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time."

BUT, then came another statement. Later pom Friday afternoon, Vanessa issued this statement through he attorney: "Consistent with her original statement made this morning, Mrs. Long continues to hope that this matter may be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously and fairly; however, she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time. To avoid any undue confusion, Mrs. Long's future statements, if any, will be issued through her attorneys only. At this time, neither she nor we will have any further comment on this matter."

Then, the devil spoke himself. Bishop Long released his own statement. "God has blessed us with a wonderful family," he wrote. "Vanessa is, and has always been, a loving, dedicated and committed wife and mother. My love for her is deep and unwavering. It remains our sincere desire to continue working together in seeking God's Will in these circumstances. We will do so as privately as possible and with a spirit of love and sensitivity to our family. We ask that you be in prayer for our family and that we be allowed to privately pursue this important path without need, or request from the media, for further comment."

A mess!

Do you think Bishop Long paid her off, too? Do you believe Bishop Long read about the divorce and backhanded Vanessa, like he did his first wife, and that was the reason for the sudden change of heart? Do you believe actually did, in fact, move out of the home last June and was forced back with a backhand to the face, too? Has anyone seen Vanessa today?

Developing.



UPDATE: It looks like the divorce is back on! And there's another statement, of course. This one's from Vanessa's attorney: "Mrs. Long continues to hope that this matter may be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously and fairly; however, she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time."

UPDATE, Dec 4: Bishop Long announced during Sunday's sermon he's taking a sabbatical from his church to focus on his family after he was slapped with divorce papers. He told parishioners: "I'm still your pastor. You'll still receive my direction. You've given me some weeks to take care of some family business." He added, that he hasn't "stepped down" but instead "stepped up."

Meanwhile, a group of protestors from a group called CHRIST were demonstrating outside of Bishop Long's church calling for him to step down and "repent and to change his wicked ways."




...And someone at Bishop Long's church made this video devoted to Vanesssa.




source: WGCL
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment